This project is read-only.

Hello from Russia! My remarks about People's Note.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:35 AM
Edited Dec 6, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Hello! First of all, thank you very much for your useful program! I'm sorry for my weak english, I'm from Russia…
I want to participate in People's Note development and so I share the list of my remarks:
Interface:
1. Yellow background irritate the eyes, it seems that white would be more suitable. Or make color adjustment in program settings;
2. Add highlighting of the selected note by frame or another background color;
3. In the top of a program window, over search bar add a line showing a title of a current notebook (bold font), number of the highlighted note, then through slash (/) - total number of notes in current notebook;
4. Button icons (in editing mode of the text note) too colorful. Probably, one should make this icons more accurate and laconic, in one style. Especially, icons of "copy" and "paste" buttons merge into the background…

Functional:
1. Add feature of the note removing;
2. Add note tags editing ability (adding and removal);
3. Add notepad creation ability if it supports by Evernote API;
4. Add "Open database…" menu item, so user can manually open DB from any path.

Thanks for your attention! :-)

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2010 at 8:27 AM
Edited Dec 6, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Thank you for your input. I'm also from Russia, but it would be better to write in English for the sake of other people who might be reading this.

Interface:

1. "Canary yellow" is a standard colour for Post-it notes, so it seems like an appropriate default interface choice. Unfortunately, adjustment is not an option, because the colour is part of the various images that make up the interface. Adding a white version of the interface would be possible, but then I would have to keep four versions: high-res yellow, high-res white, low-res yellow, and low-res white.
  2. There is currently no notion of note selection, but it will indeed become necessary when I add keyboard support for phones without touch screens.
  3. Notebook name is used as the window title, so it already gets shown at the top of the window. Adding the number of notes to it is an idea. I could also display some stats in the status bar when a notebook is loaded.
  4. I am mostly using icons from an existing set. I plan to customize them later, especially since I am not the only one who has a problem with them now.

With respect to functions, could you add those requests to the issue tracker? Thanks. :)

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2010 at 1:13 PM

1. My guesses about color have proved to be true - I thought that it color comes from Post-it standard color. But this color nevertheless irritate eyes... However, it isn't very important moment.

2. I have forgotten to mention support of the keypad in this point. Many PDAs have a joystick, paging of notes with it would be more convenient and faster, than by using TouchScreen. It would be convenient to organize joystick operation like this: up/down - moves selection frame UP or DOWN in the list of notes within current notepad; left/right - switching between notepads; the central button - view current note;

3. Many users (including) use task managers, therefore the window title isn't visible. The title bar above search bar would be useful for them. Its display can be an option.

4. I can help to find more suitable icons for buttons. Also, it would be ideal to use icons from the official Evernote client for buttons "Add text note", "add handwrite note", "add photo note", etc.

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2010 at 1:47 PM

3. Many users (including) use task managers, therefore the window title isn't visible.

That's a very good point. I will add the titlebar option, then. Its not much work.

I should probably get rid of that white fringe around the low-res icon, as well. :)

4. I can help to find more suitable icons for buttons. Also, it would be ideal to use icons from the official Evernote client for buttons "Add text note", "add handwrite note", "add photo note", etc.

I will probably draw them myself. Just for user interface design, I have a notebook full of references, including other Evernote clients.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Respected DonReba, this message the message is translated by the electronic translator, therefore forgive for errors.
The huge request to you - at a forum 4pda.ru is created a subject about your remarkable program. But questions of users remain without answers. We would be very glad, if you paid the attention to this subject.
Thanks for People's Note

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Thanks for letting me know.

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Edited Feb 9, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Added the title bar in version 0.23. It is a good idea. I will add the note count to it once I get around to "Viewing a list of notes".