Viewing notes with Tags

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Hi,

May I first congratulate you on such a wonderful application. I have just installed 0.25 on a Treo Pro - works so well.

I was wondering about a couple of things:

1. Can I view a list of my notes with a certain Tag? At the moment, I have to type something into the search box to access it. If I could filter by Tag, I could then just scroll up and down to find the right one. A drop down with a list of Tags which would allow filtering would be great.

2. The search function is supposed to look into the body of notes - this feature is inconsistent and does not show up some of my notes. The search function on Evernote on PC would often show me a few more notes with that text. I was wondering if this could be optimised?

Thanks

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Thanks! Glad to hear you like the app.

1. Search results include notes with matching tags, among other things. I could add more advanced filtering or advanced search syntax, like desktop Evernote. It would be fairly difficult, though, so it would be good to see people add these issues to the tracker and vote for them before I commit the time.
  2. Could you give a small example of a note and a search query that should work, but does not?
Apr 10, 2011 at 1:58 AM

1. I meant without doing a search, have a drop down menu with the various Tags - so you can just view a list of all the notes under "Business" for example, without having to actually type something in.

2. One search I did was for : "nails" - and it only shows up 2 of my notes with "nails" in the title. If I do a search for "nails" in Evernote PC or its WM app - it will populate with 5 notes, ie another 3 with nails in the body. I'm not sure why this is the case.

I have done other quick searches - "psoriasis" - will turn up 12 on Evernote PC/WM app, only 8 in Peoplenote.

I have 180 text based notes - split into 5 tags/categories.

You have never found this problem?

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2011 at 5:35 AM

It would help, if you added a request for filtering by tags to the issue tracker. :)

I have not had problems with search, personally. Unless it's confidential, could you export one "nails" note that does not show up in People's Note as an "*.enex" file and copy it here or send it to me?

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:07 AM

OK, I will add a request to filter by tags.

I'm not sure how to attach the file here... but here is the text from the exported .enex file:

<!--l version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8-->
<!--CTYPE en-export SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/evernote-export.dt-->

<![CDATA[

<en-note>Categories: Lists
Creation Time: 7/07/2010 11:34:02 PM

Keratotic papules
Lichen planus
Dariers - follicular : look hands and nails
Grovers

</en-note>]]>20110409T152613ZLists

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE en-export SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/evernote-export.dtd">
<en-export export-date="20110410T070225Z" application="Evernote/Windows" version="4.1">
<note><title>Keratotic papules</title><content><![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE en-note SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/enml2.dtd">

<en-note><b>Categories:</b> Lists<br/><b>Creation Time:</b> 7/07/2010 11:34:02 PM<br/><hr/><br/>
Keratotic papules<br/>
Lichen planus<br/>
Dariers - follicular : look hands and nails<br/>
Grovers<br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/></en-note>]]></content><created>20110409T152613Z</created><tag>Lists</tag></note></en-export>