This project is read-only.

Large Note Handling

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:44 AM

First off, I'd like to thank you for this excellent Evernote client. Up to now, I've been using Ploze and the Evernote WinMo clients, with quite a bit of disappointment. PN is VASTLY superior. I have, though, experienced quite a few crashes while syncing, which I think are most likely caused by large notes. One feature that Ploze had that you would perhaps consider including is a configurable threshold, where any note over this size would be skipped during synchronization. That way, each person can set the threshold based on their own experience with their device and how they have it configured. Maybe this would help make the synchronization process smoother and less apt to freeze.

Thanks again for the great program!

Jeremy

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Glad you like the program. I don't think adding more configuration is a good solution in this case. It is more of an issue of graceful recovery from sync problems. It could be done. There is also quite a bit of room for improvement in large note syncing.

Development has been on hold for the past month. I plan to resume in mid-July.

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Since version 0.30, the app should be much more stable when handling large notes.